Philadelphia Spiritual School Trip
Tour Pricing Estimated Inclusions: 2 nights' hotel accommodation; 2 breakfasts; 3 lunches; 2 dinners; admissions, entrance, and guide fees as stated in the itinerary, including taxes & gratuity. Except gratuity for guide fees is not included on adult tours unless otherwise requested.
- Christ Church
- Burial Ground
- Mikveh Israel Synagogue
- Mother Bethel A.M.E. Church
- National Shrine of Saint John Neumann
- Saint Rita of Cascia National Shrine
- Arch Street Meeting House
- Bishop White House
- Religion Walk Tour
- Masonic Temple
- Faith and Liberty Center
- Arrive to Philadelphia and meet your full-time, licensed, and experienced Tour Director who will expertly handle every detail and enlighten your students every step of the way.
- Start your journey at Christ Church and Burial Ground, known as “The Nation’s Church” because of the famous revolutionary leaders that worshipped here: George Washington, Betsy Ross, and Benjamin Franklin, whose final resting place is in the church’s burial ground, one of America’s most historical, Colonial, and Revolutionary-era graveyards.
- Just a few blocks away, visit one of the nation’s oldest synagogues, Mikveh Israel. This congregation started in the 1740s and has a strong relationship with Christ Church. During the 1870s, when Mikveh Israel’s synagogue burned, Christ Church contributed funds to construct a new building and the congregations still have a joint dinner once a year.
- Enjoy dinner included at student friendly restaurant and check-in to your local area hotel.
- After breakfast, depart on the Religion Walk Tour.
- Visit the National Shrine of Saint John Neumann. Proclaimed “the priest of the working class,” his shrine at the beautiful St. Peter the Apostle Church is a wonderful tribute to his life.
- Next, explore the Saint Rita of Cascia National Shrine, built in 1907 by the Augustinian Friars to honor her life of charity and devotion.
- Enjoy a sit-down lunch at one of our many restaurants and outdoor cafes in the Old City neighborhood, such as the Bourse Building.
- After lunch, walk over to Mother Bethel A.M.E. Church, one of the oldest of its kind in the country, and one of the oldest pieces of property continuously owned by African Americans.
- In the afternoon visit the Arch Street Meeting House, the largest Quaker meeting house in the United States, to see how the Quaker ideals of simplicity and equality were designed into its construction.
- Located a few blocks from the Meeting House is the Bishop White House, which dates back to 1786.
- This was the home of Bishop William White and his family while he served as the rector of Christ Church and St. Peter’s Episcopal Church.
- Enjoy dinner included at student friendly restaurant and return to the hotel for the evening.
- After breakfast, take a tour The Masonic Temple which has been called one of the great “wonders” of the Masonic world.
- Next, visit Faith & Liberty Discovery Center that explores the relationship between faith and liberty in America from its founding to today, by illuminating the influence of the Bible on individuals in key historical and personal moments.
- Time to depart home with a box lunch and pocket full of memories!
Here at Go Performing & Go Student Tours our School Trips and Tours continue to be designed to experience STEAM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, & Mathematics. What is "STEAM" Education? Click HERE.
We also design tours with SEL education in mind. All of our tours are designed around Self-Awareness, Self-management, Social Awareness, Relationship Skills, and Responsible Decision-Making. What is SEL Education? Click HERE.
*Base rate does not include motor coach transportation, airfare, airport transfers, driver gratuity, guide gratuity, (student groups exempt) or any upgrades or add-ons unlisted from itinerary as stated. Personalized itineraries with custom pricing and/or additional transportation can be created and added based on client needs and upon client’s request. Estimated prices may vary based on day of arrival, time of year, and other conditions. MARS will customize quotes or personalize itineraries for FREE.
Contact Us Today to Reserve Your Tour
Have a question? MARS' experienced tour professionals are ready and willing to help you plan a tour program that's a perfect fit for you.Get Started