Philadelphia, Gettysburg, Valley Forge, & Lancaster
Tour Pricing Estimated Inclusions: 3 nights' hotel accommodation; 3 breakfasts; 4 lunches; 3 dinners; admissions, entrance, and guide fees as stated in the itinerary, including taxes & gratuity. Except gratuity for guide fees is not included on adult tours unless otherwise requested.
*Base rate does not include motor coach transportation, airfare, airport transfers, driver gratuity, guide gratuity, (student groups exempt) or any upgrades or add-ons unlisted from itinerary as stated. Personalized itineraries with custom pricing and/or additional transportation can be created and added based on client needs and upon client’s request. Estimated prices may vary based on day of arrival and other conditionalities. MARS will customize quotes or personalize itineraries for FREE.
- Gettysburg Driving Tour
- Amish Dinner
- Kreider Farms visit
- Valley Forge Group Tour
- City Tour of Philadelphia
- Independence Hall
- Christ Church Cemetery
- The Betsy Ross House
- National Constitution Center
- Museum of the American Revolution
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Arrive at the Gettysburg National Military Park Museum and Visitor’s Center and enjoy an included lunch while visiting.
- View one of the world’s largest collections of artifacts and memorabilia from the American Civil War. See the Cyclorama Center at the Gettysburg National Military Park. The center features a breath-taking panorama of Pickett’s Charge measuring 356 by 26 feet. A sound and light program recreates scenes of the fighting.
- Meet your Licensed Battlefield GUIDE and begin a driving tour of Gettysburg Battlefield, America’s largest Civil War Battlefield, containing more than 40 miles of scenic avenues. Over 1600 monuments and cannons dot the landscape in memory of those who fought and died here. The Northern and Southern armies met here in July 1863 and, in three days of battle, left 51,000 causalities. President Lincoln dedicated the national cemetery on the battlefield in November 1863.
- Depart for Lancaster, Pennsylvania and enjoy an Amish Dinner prior to hotel check-in.
- Enjoy a hearty breakfast before checking out and depart for Kreider Farms to experience the sights, sounds, and smells of a real working dairy farm. This tour features a high-tech view of farming, including a drive down the middle of their "Cow Palace" barn and a bird's eye view of the milking carousel where they milk over 1,000 cows, 3 times every day. Filled with facts and humor, the Kreider Farms tour is fun for all ages! The Kreider farm has a dedicated staff of approximately 475 people, operating a diverse farming business encompassing approximately 3,000 acres. The farm houses 1,700 cows, 6 million chickens, and supplies retail and wholesale customers with farm-fresh milk, ice cream, and eggs.
- Afterwards enjoy the Amish Total Experience Tour. When you arrive on site, your Step-On Guide for the day will come to meet your group. Your tour includes the Amish Farmlands where visitors experience the beauty of the Amish countryside. Not much has changed on these backroads… horses plow the fields and buggies clip clop down the road. Using your bus and driver, a step-on guide will point out and explain many aspects of Amish life, with interesting local stops.
- Next, visit the Amish Experience Theatre for a one-of-a-kind show at one of the only “experiential” theatres in North America. “Jacob’s Choice,” tells the emotional story of the Fisher family’s journey from Europe to the Americas. The “peppers ghost” cannon, wind, and rain effects take spectators into the world of the Amish.
- Lastly, see the Amish Country Homestead. There are two reasons this is the only Amish house tour in Lancaster County designated a, “Heritage Site,” 1.) Authenticity! Enjoy the live-in look of the house as you walk through nine rooms. 2.) Interpretation - your guide answers the “how” and “why” questions baffling visitors’ about the Amish dress and life without electricity.
- Enjoy an included lunch before departing for Valley Forge. Arrive at Valley Forge Visitor’s Center and check-in for a Ranger-Led Tour of Valley Forge and its story of the Continental Army in the winter of 1777-1778.
- Dinner will be included in Philadelphia before hotel check-in.
- After breakfast, enjoy a City Tour of Philadelphia, the most Historic Square Mile in America, history comes alive as we walk in the footsteps of our Founding Fathers along brick walkways and cobblestone streets in William Penn’s “Green Countrie Towne”, Philadelphia. This city, which served as the capital of the colony of Pennsylvania, the capital of Colonial America, and the Federal capital from 1790-1800, has a history unrivaled in America.
- Your tour includes: Carpenter’s Hall, where the delegates gathered for the First Continental Congress; The State House of Pennsylvania, known today as Independence Hall, where the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution were signed; Congress Hall, where the House of Representatives and the Senate met from 1790-1800; the Liberty Bell, America’s most cherished artifact, cast in honor of the 50th Anniversary of Penn’s Charter of Privileges; The President’s House in Philadelphia which served as the "White House" from 1790 to 1800 while Philadelphia was the capital of the United States.
- Today, you can visit the site on Market Street for the newest addition to Independence Mall: A commemorative exhibition entitled, "The President's House: Freedom and Slavery in the Making of a New Nation" on an open-air footprint of the original house, one block north of Independence Hall.
- Visit Ben Franklin’s Gravesite in Christ Church Cemetery, the Anglican Church established in 1695 where many of the Patriots of the Revolution worshiped; The Betsy Ross House, home of the Quaker seamstress who legend maintains made our first flag and whose home is an excellent example of an 18th-century working class residence; Elfreth’s Alley, the oldest continuously occupied residential street in America.
- See the Franklin Court Print Shop and Museum, a working tribute to the accomplishments of the greatest American of the 18th century.
- Fuel up at lunch included at the National Constitution Center before your scheduled visit.
- This afternoon, explore The Museum of the American Revolution. Original artifacts, immersive settings, and dynamic theaters will take you on a journey from the roots of conflict to the outbreak of fighting. From the bold Declaration of Independence, through the long years of warfare, and the creation of a new nation all displayed in engaging galleries.
- After an included dinner, enjoy the One Liberty Observation Deck. The sky isn't the limit, it's the main event! Discover all the attractions in Philadelphia right from the Philadelphia skyline. When it comes to places to take pictures in Philadelphia, their “viewtiful” sights are second to none. See the city light up like never before!
- Check-in to local area hotel after an evening of fun.
- After breakfast, we’re off to visit the Eastern State Penitentiary. This 19th-century landmark was once the most famous and expensive prison in the world, but stands today in ruin, a haunting world of crumbling cellblocks. Former inmates include bank robber, Willie Sutton and the infamous, Al Capone. Tour the vaulted cellblocks, central rotunda, and death row.
- Next, tour City Hall and see the breathtaking views of the city from the observation deck. You can’t miss the 37-foot statue of William Penn, which is perched atop the tower!
- Enjoy lunch at the Reading Terminal Marketplace before departing for home.
- Hershey Park
- Hershey Chocolate World
- Independence Seaport Museum
- New Jersey Aquarium
- Spirit Cruise
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- The Barnes Foundation
Here at Go Performing & Go Student Tours our School Trips and Tours continue to be designed to experience STEAM - Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, & Mathematics. What is "STEAM" Education? Click HERE.
We also design tours with SEL education in mind. All of our tours are designed around Self-Awareness, Self-management, Social Awareness, Relationship Skills, and Responsible Decision-Making. What is SEL Education? Click HERE.
CLICK HERE FOR A PRINTABLE PDF:
Contact Us Today to Reserve Your Tour
Have a question? MARS' experienced tour professionals are ready and willing to help you plan a tour program that's a perfect fit for you.Get Started